Cancer – Do you know there are over 200 different variations of the disease according to the National Cancer Institute? Having the ability to grow in any organ in the body, this wicked disease claimed the lives of seven million people worldwide, according to public health expert Professor Sir John Marmott. Deaths are expected rise to over 10 million per year by 2020. It ranks as the number 2 cause of death in the United States behind heart disease. Lung, colon, prostate and breast cancer account for more than half of cancer deaths in the United States. Over 14,000 chemicals are added to the food supply in the United States today. Due to exposure from various sources, tracing a chronic illness to one toxin can be a daunting task; subsequently the connections are often never made. In 2003, a study was done by Belgian Toxicologist Dr.Charles Charlier in which he found that women with breast cancer are 5-9 times more likely to have pesticide residue in their blood than those who do not.
Suzanne’s spotlight on the industry
So why is Suzanne Somers, who has joined the ranks of many who have successfully conquered cancer, continually being discredited by a 200 billion dollar cancer industry? Billions have been thrown at the cancer industry in an attempt to find a cure; donations, fundraisers, the cancer walks and black tie events, yet we’re told absolutely no cure exists. Chemotherapy uses pharmaceutical drugs to destroy cancer cells throughout the entire body; in this process healthy cells are also killed, damaging the immune system, making the body weak and prone to further illness. Side effects include: bleeding problems, havoc to the digestive tract, memory changes as well as sexual and fertility changes. Yet, due to the profitability, hospitals and doctors continue to recommend chemotherapy, regardless of its 2.1% success rate over five years!
Mammograms were designed to protect women by early detection of breast cancer; in actuality they increase the risk due to radiation exposure, claims Dr. Russell Blaylock-Brain Surgeon / Neuroscientist. The U.S. Preventive Task Force is now stating that women should not have yearly mammograms until the age of 50, and then only every two years. If better alternatives exist, then why do mainstream media and big pharmaceutical companies persist in using inferior treatments which do more harm than good? Disinformation is defined as: false information deliberately and often covertly spread in order to influence public opinion or obscure the truth. Do you think it’s possible in a degenerative, greedy and power hungry society, there may be incentive within a 200 billion dollar a year industry to disseminate biased information in order to further one’s agenda?
In Suzanne’s new book “Knockout” she interviews several leading alternative medicine doctors who are very successfully using the most innovative cancer treatments that build the body’s immune system rather than tear it down. In other words, they are stepping-out-of-the-box – the box that has not been working – yet, they are being made to look like quacks. Something is very wrong with this picture.
This New York Times Best Seller has completely rocked the Cancer Industry and is teaching alternative ways to prevent and treat the illness. After being misdiagnosed with full body cancer, she chose to reject the chemotherapy and tamoxifen for her breast cancer. Somers effectively ousted her cancer by combining standard treatments with natural therapies that assist the body in healing itself. Some of the alternative treatments included Bio-Identical Hormone Therapy and Iscador which is a mistletoe extract.
Chemo-sensitivity tests can be used in order to determine which type of chemo should be used for a specific patient as well as which drugs would be most effective for the particular cancer. Despite their successful use in other parts of the world, they’re almost never used in the U.S. Suzanne was never told this test was an option for either of her two diagnoses. Experts say it’s too long of a process and too much trouble, so they make the best guess possible and hope it works.
Ten Things to Do When the Diagnosis is Cancer
1) Research & Education. Take a deep breath! You are now on a mission and your first and most important step is to do your research. Most people skip this step and end up regretting it later. Contrary to what most oncologists will tell you, you do have time to educate yourself and think things through. Resist any high-pressure tactics. Many cancers are slow moving and even with those that move faster there is almost always time for research. Thoroughly research recommended treatment on both sides of the fence – alternative medicine and conventional medicine.
2) Studies & Trials – Proof. Ask your oncologist to provide you with 2-3 studies/trials that prove that the treatment he/she is recommending is better than no treatment at all. You may be surprised. Again, you are looking for the word “cure” not “response”. RESPONSE RATE DOES NOT MEAN CURE. (Read that again.) Patients usually “hear” the word “cure” when the oncologist is using the word “response.” Be careful.
3) Cancer Words. Ask your oncologist if his/her recommended treatment is considered palliative, in nature. If you are looking for a cure then palliative treatment will not take you there!
4) Tests & Labs. Always get complete copies of all your lab and test results.
5) Second Opinion. Get a second opinion; especially if your oncologist tends to exhibit “ego” rather than being a team player.
6) Determination. Determine to do whatever it takes to get well. Yes, one CAN get well! Most conventional doctors will not tell you this because of liability issues and because conventional treatment is effective (by effective, I mean “cure”) in only 2-3% of all cancers. Their closest word for “cure” is “remission.”
7) Life Style Change. Understand that how you have been treating your body (life-style) has not worked; therefore, you will need a new plan and at least a 90 degree-turn-around in order to get well. If you are not willing to do this then don’t make alternative medicine your first choice.
8) Third Opinion. Get the opinion of an alternative medicine practitioner. Write down your questions and schedule an appointment for an initial consult. Take one or two family members with you to this appointment.
9) Ask God for wisdom. Ask Him to bring people into your path who have answers for you. Then open your mind and heart so that you can see and hear those answers!
10) Once you decide on a treatment….GO FOR IT! Do what you are supposed to do when you are supposed to do. Be militant with the program that you choose. Do not allow anyone or anything to get in your way. Do not allow negativity or the continual questioning of your choice. Remove anything that could make you stumble – this may include relationships, friends, etc. Remember that this is only for a season; but remember that this season is most likely one of the most important ones in your life!
“Suzanne Somers speaks out against the conventional cancer industry: mammograms, chemotherapy vs. alternative cures” by Mike Adams” http://www.naturalnews.com/027526_Suzanne_Somers_curing_cancer.html
“Cancer deaths to double by 2050, in catastrophic rise driven by obesity crises, warns expert” By David Derbyshire http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1152014/Cancer-deaths-DOUBLE-2050-catastrophic-rise-driven-obesity-crisis-warns-expert.html
Cancer Statistics from NCI/ACS http://www.cancure.org/statistics.htm
“Cancer death rate down but 565,650 seen in 2008” by Will Dunham http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSN1926392720080220
“Chemosensitivity Tests – Why Does Big Pharma Know About Them and WE Don’t?” by Suzanne Somers http://www.suzannesomers.com/Blog/post/Chemosensitivity-Tests-e28093-Why-Does-Big-Pharma-Know-About-Them-and-WE-Done28099t.aspx
“Mammograms – Yes, No, Maybe So?” by Suzanne Somers http://www.suzannesomers.com/Blog/post/Mammograms-e28093-Yes-No-Maybe-So.aspx
“Suzanne Somers Knockout, part 1: How cancer testimonials mislead” By Orachttp://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2009/11/blogging_suzanne_somers_knockout_part_1.php
“What Is Chemotherapy And How Does It Work?” http://www.cancer.org/docroot/eto/content/eto_1_7x_what_is_chemotherapy_and_how_does_it_work.asp
National Cancer Institute: A-Z list of Cancers http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/alphalist
“Avoiding Cancer One Day At A Time” by Dr. Lynne Eldridge http://avoidingcancernow.blogspot.com/2007_12_27_archive.html
“The Virtual Ames Test: Are chemicals, mutations, and cancer linked?” http://profhorn.meteor.wisc.edu/wxwise/kti/bacteria/virtualames.html
“Food Additives to Avoid” by Janet Starr Hull http://www.sweetpoison.com/food-additives-to-avoid.html
“Toxic Shock: The Links between Pesticides and Cancer” Source: UK Soil Association http://www.woilassociation.org
“Suzanne Somers’s Cancer Book “Knockout” Soars to Number One on New York Times Best Seller List…” by Consumer Advocate Tim Bolen http://bolenreport.com/feature_articles/feature_article084.htm