With the pace of life today and the multitude of unhealthy choices surrounding us, maintaining optimal health in body, mind and spirit is usually put on our “get-around-to-it” list. As difficult as it may seem to implement optimum health strategies, there is absolutely no reason that excellent health can’t be yours. However, it does take making a deep rooted decision, one that is fueled by desire and discipline, and then implementing change one-step-at-a-time. In order to climb your health goal success latter, you must have a clearly defined motivation, such as, realizing that becoming healthier will improve your relationships or give you the energy and vitality you need to accomplish your life’s goals. The natural state of your body is: healthy! Doesn’t it make more sense to actually invest the time it takes to maintain your health than to pay to continually repair what is broken? Take charge, dedicate yourself and put a plan together….TODAY! Work on a new YOU as we begin a new year and a new decade. If you need help any of the areas below, invest in a copy of my e-book, Optimum Health Strategies…Doing What Works!, which provides you with a step-by-step approach in obtaining optimum health through whole-body cleansing, healthy diet, hi-tech supplementation and balancing.
1. Sleep: Americans are some of the most sleep deprived people on the planet. It is estimated that at least 40 million Americans each year suffer from chronic, long-term sleep disorders and an additional 20 million experience occasional sleeping concerns. With the invention of the electric light we have not only seen sleep deprivation soar but also disease and illness. Your body requires sleep to repair, heal, and restore itself and performs the most healing between the hours of 10:00 PM – 2:00 AM. If one is not sleeping during these optimum healing times, there is no way to play catch-up. Scientists tell us that the body is composed of 750 trillion cells and replaces every cell every seven years by building 300 billion new cells every night. According to The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, “neurons that control sleep interact closely with the immune system. As anyone who has had the flu knows, infectious diseases tend to make us feel sleepy. This probably happens because cytokines, chemicals our immune systems produce while fighting an infection, are powerful sleep-inducing chemicals. Sleep may help the body conserve energy and other resources that the immune system needs to mount an attack.” Sleep deprivation may result in memory concerns, weight gain and metabolism issues, increased irritability and moodiness, hormone imbalance, hypertension and altered immune function, including the activity of the body’s killer cells. Keeping up with sleep requirements may also help fight cancer. To improve your sleep see 101 Ways to Get a Great Night’s Sleep.
2. Cleansing and Detoxification – Toxins from our air, water, food and personal care products can build up in the liver, kidneys and at the cellular level, causing our bodies to under-perform. Think of your car and the regular maintenance it needs to run properly; our bodies are similar but much more intricate. We are fooling ourselves if we think that body maintenance is unnecessary. Because the liver is the main filter in your body, keeping it clean and functioning properly is very important to your body’s overall ability to fight disease and stay healthy. With my clients, I recommend performing the Optimum Wellness Liver-Gallbladder Cleanse three times (one every 10-14 days) and then 2-3 yearly. The focal product of the Optimum Wellness Liver-Gallbladder Cleanse is LivaPure™. LivaPure™ is a whole herb formula especially created to support detoxification, cleansing and strengthening of the liver-gallbladder. If you have never cleansed before, I also recommend performing the Optimum Wellness Parasite Cleanse according to directions.
3. Heavy Metal Cleansing: Today, we face more exposure from heavy metal pollutants than in any other time in history. Lead, mercury and aluminum can all be found in everyday products such as: deodorant, cosmetics and fish. Many studies are now linking exposure to heavy metals to symptoms such as: speech disorders, autoimmune and neurodegenerative diseases, aggressive behavior, chronic fatigue and cancer. The liver, kidneys, gallbladder and lymphatic system are all major filters of the blood system which eliminate toxic waste from the body. If these filters are clogged, your blood can become congested with toxins and heavy metals which can be carried to the brain causing other health concerns. Chelation is a process recommended by doctors which aids in improving liver and kidney function as well as relieving symptoms of memory loss by increasing circulation to the brain. Using products such as MediCardium (EDTA suppository chelation performed at home), ZeoMAX FA (zeolite) and high-quality Chlorella will help to detoxify from heavy metals.
4. Healthy Diet: The diet industry is a multi-billion dollar industry but yet Americans are some of the most over-weight and unhealthy people in the world. This should indicate that most fad diets just do not work in the long run. Why? Because they teach dieters to eat the Standard American Diet of nutrient-deficient pre-packaged and processed foods! With over 14,000 chemicals being added to our food supply today, being conscious of the food we eat has never been more important. Your diet directly affects your vitality, how well your immune system functions, your emotional health and thus how well you feel. It’s true that we are what we eat, and if we only knew what it was that we were eating, there’s a greater chance that we wouldn’t be eating that any longer. Investing a little time researching a proper diet for yourself will pay dividends long down the road. Our bodies weren’t designed to eat cooked foods all the time and were never made to digest processed, artificial foods. I highly recommend switching to organic and/or locally grown foods as well as purchasing Wellness Water Filters for your home and office. Water consumptions is important for cellular health and the type of water you are drinking does make a difference. Consuming more living foods such as fruit and vegetables can help give your body the nutrient-dense food it needs to function properly at the physical and cellular levels.
5. Exercise: Regular exercise can help promote psychological well being by reducing feelings of depression and anxiety while improving your mood. In addition to this, weight control and protection from heart disease are other common benefits. A statement often heard in regards to this is, “I just don’t have enough time for exercise.” Simply put, this is only an excuse; we all make time for things that are a priority for us such as eating, working and sleeping. If exercising becomes a priority, then you’ll magically have time for it. There’s no need to spend large amounts of time exercising; 15-20 minutes a day, 3-4 days a week can be sufficient enough to receive the health benefits. Nor do you have to have expensive equipment or a health club membership. Walking and rebounding are two of the best exercises one can perform and the cost is minimal.
6. Lymphatic Drainage: The lymphatic system works with the circulatory system to deliver nutrients and oxygen from the blood to the cells as well as removing toxins and waste from these cells. When this system is blocked, we become defenseless against attacks by virus and bacteria. Lymphatic drainage improves the functioning of the lymphatic system, which plays an important role in the body’s immune system response. This can be achieved through gentle, rhythmical, circling movements of the skin which stimulate the contractions of the lymphatic vessels. Dry skin brushing, rebounding and deep breathing exercises will activate lymph and interstitial fluid circulation as well as stimulate the functioning of the immune and parasympathetic nervous systems. The benefits of these gentle therapies include reducing insomnia, detoxification of the entire body and relief from chronic pain and can be compared to using a plunger on a slow or stopped up drain.
7. Sunshine: The so called experts have been telling us for years to stay out of the sun, that it will only cause us harm. While it’s recommended to avoid direct sunlight for extended periods of time or to use an organic sunscreen, the results of avoiding the sun all together can actually cause serious health concerns. More people are becoming aware of the mounting scientific research which shows sunlight to promote vitamin D-3 generation in skin cells, which is essential for calcium absorption and the prevention of osteoporosis. Other benefits include the prevention and reversal of chronic disease such as lung and breast cancer, heart disease, depression and the regulation of the immune system. So get out and get some Superman Sunshine; if that is not possible then take a clinically-proven, liquid Vitamin D3 Supplement - Bio-D-Mulsion.
8. High-Tech Supplementation: Most of the food we eat today is nutrient deficient due to irradiation, questionable soil preparation and farming methods, pre-packaging, etc. Irradiation breaks down the molecular structure of foods creating harmful free radicals and destroying up to 80% of vitamin and mineral value. In order to receive the full range of nutrients that our bodies need to function properly, there’s a need to supplement our food with quality vitamins and minerals. The body can only absorb approximately 10-30% of the nutrients from hard tablets, so look for an organic liquid multi-vitamin supplement, such as intraMAX or intraKID, with a higher absorption and usability rate. Nutritional supplements can help to achieve optimal health and reduce the risk of disease by boosting the immune system in conjunction with eliminating harmful toxins.
9. Stress Reduction: The body experiences stress when the mind perceives a threat. This stress can often be self induced with negative attitudes, ill feelings for someone or unrealistic expectations. Many times there is no real physical threat or danger, yet the mind perceives otherwise. Your environment can have a huge impact on your state of mind. Fast paced, stress filled environments often make the body tense causing headaches and can contribute to weight gain, heart attacks and have a negative impact on our ability to maintain healthy relationships. Stress has been shown to lower the immune system, making the body weak and vulnerable to illness such as heart disease, cancer, depression and can cause excessive weight gain. Much of our stress can be eliminated by simply taking a step back, breathing and putting things into perspective. Developing healthy coping skills to deal with stress is vital to our wellness in body and mind. A few healthy ways to reduce your stress levels include: exercising; meditation to clear your mind, focusing on your breathing and removing negative/toxic thoughts and situations from our life.
10. Emotional Cleansing: Emotional Cleansing is the releasing of toxic thought patterns that have been learned by previous experiences, which often cause us to feel sluggish or down. Due to the fact that much of this is subconscious, many of us are unaware of the process that is taking place and the effects it has on our life. The positive effects of total-body-cleansing are not completed until we heal ourselves of poisonous thoughts and emotions. Research has shown that unresolved issues such as anger, fear, negativity, past wrongs, self-pity and victim mentality can often lead to devastating physical effects, including chronic back pain, migraines, fatigue, insomnia, and low immune response. Emotional detoxification often leads to a mental and physical sense of revitalization because the energy that was used to harbor negative emotions is now available for more positive, creative options such as healing and repair. Some of the first steps in this process include accepting responsibility for your emotions, identifying them and begin working on positive change; a good Naturopathic practitioner can guide you along in the rest of this process. Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) is also very helpful.
Tags: benefits of sunshine, colon cleanse, colon cleansing, detoxification, dry skin brushing, emotional cleanse, exercise, food irradiation, healthy diet, heavy metal cleanse, insomnia, intraKID, intraMAX, LivaPure, lymphatic drainage, natural health, natural vitamins, negative emotions, Opotimum Wellness Liver-Gallbladder Cleanse, Optimum Wellness Parasite Cleanse, quality vitamins, rebounding, sleep deprivation, stress reduction, supplementation, ten keys to health, vitamin D3, weight gain, zeoMAX